Monday, October 21, 2019

My Great Grandma Earline

So our professor for our Beyond the Grave Course presented to us, a project about ancestry with our great grandparents and on. I decided to write about my great grandmother because I had heard so many stories about her and she would just come up in conversation throughout my life.
Earline Brown Hudson
Pictured here is Earline Brown Hudson; Mother of my grand father. My family (me included) call her Grandma Earline. At times, she would look very dark complected. She was born June 25th, 1929 and died August 8th, 1989. She lived in Summerville, South Carolina. She worked for Evans Rule Company, which is almost like Home Dept and the company specializes in office supplies and agriculture, like gardening and such; it is also currently permanently closed. She passed away from Cardiac Arrest (Heart Attack) in her sleep. Pictured below is her grave that is in Dorchester Momorial Gardens in Summerville.

Grandma Earline's Grave
 Again, there are so many stories about her so I will do the ones that stick out the most to me. I've heard from my grandparents that she believed in Psychics, Spirits, and such. She believes in them so much that she goes to a Psychic that she trusts, who's name is Elizabeth Barron. I am not sure if Elizabeth is still alive. 
Another story is that Earline fed my Aunt French fries, specifically McDonald's when she was a baby up until about she was two years old. So, when my Aunt was with my Grandmother, she would always say something about French Fries. Grandma Earline also made my Aunt love cooking. 

Grandma Earline holding my Aunt when she was 2
Her personality was very strict but loving, which is probably where my grandfather got his strictness. She was known to be strict but also known for being very spiritual. My grandfather said that he sees her in my grandmother and my aunt sometimes and that strikes some fear.
We believe that my grandfather's ancestors are Native Americans, but we do not know what tribe. Our family's beliefs align more with the Native American's but also with Christianity.

No comments:

Post a Comment